[GRASS-user] Query vector type has problems

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 06:47:03 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:19 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> > On Sep 7, 2015 3:58 AM, "Anna Petrášová" <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> it took me a while to figure out the problem, but it's because your
> >> samples are 3D and the stand vector is not.
>
> We just got here into the same "trap".
>
> >> If you convert the samples to 2d
> >> with v.to.3d, then it will work.

BTW, don't we have a counter intuitive interface here? "convert to 2d with
v.to.3d"

> > Is there a possibility to add a related G_message() to inform the user
in
> > such a situation?
>
> Since we spent too much time on understanding the issue, I have now
> added messages in r66426 (trunk)

Why it is a warning and not a message? Does the message really explain to
the user what does it mean or what can possible go wrong. I'm not following
the discussion, so I don't know what the issue is, but from the diff it
looks like user must open the source code to see the comments around and
read the manual to understand the consequences.

There is also a typo with Input/Output.

> and r66427 (relbr70).

Perhaps premature backport.