[GRASS-user] Query vector type has problems

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 17:30:08 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 6:06 AM, Andres Kuusk <andres at to.ee> wrote:

> Vector commands v.what.vect and v.distance do not fill the attribute
> column of a point vector.
>
> I created small test vectors, a vector map 'varea' of area type which has
> an area polygon, and a vector map of points 'vpoints' - 191 GPS way-points,
> 135 of which are inside the polygon.
>
> The command
>
> v.what.vect map=vpoints column=aid query_map=varea query_column=aid
>
> returns:
>
> Finding nearest features...
> Update vector attributes...
> 191 categories - no nearest feature found
>
> The same result I get using v.distance:
>
> v.distance from=vpoints to=varea dmax=0. upload=to_attr column=aid
> to_column=aid
>
> Finding nearest features...
> Update vector attributes...
> 191 categories - no nearest feature found

Hi Andres,

please try the latest trunk (at least r66460 [1, 2]). Can you please try to
create a Bash script or a Python script which would prepare some data or
use data from NC basic/small Location [2] and run v.what.vect in the same
way as you were running it? In this way we can see if the recent changes
provide expected results.

Thanks,
Vaclav

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/66460