[GRASS-user] v.to.3d -r option not working properly

Pedro VenĂ¢ncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:41:39 PDT 2015

Hi Anna,

 Then I wanted to transform the z-coordinate to

>> an attribute column using
>> v.to.3d -r input=contour_3d col="CONC" output=contour_2d
>> (I added CONC column to contour_3d before, using v.db.addcol
>> map=contour_3d
>> columns="CONC double precision").
>> However, the resulting contour_2d column CONC remains empty. No error is
>> reported.

It is not possible to avoid this procedure, of creating the new column in
the layer of origin (3d layer), to get the height column in the 2d layer?
Something like the 'column' parameter of v.random (Name of column for z
values; Writes z values to column), where we just give a name to the height
column in the resulting layer?

> nothing, it just was not implemented for lines, since 3D lines can have
> vertices of different heights, but we can upload only one value. However,
> since it makes perfectly sense for contours, I added the support for lines
> there (r65493). Any chance you are using GRASS 7.1 (trunk) to try it out?

Will this be backported to 7.0.x?

Thank you very much!

Best regards!
Pedro