[GRASS-user] Problems running g.gui.gcp

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 04:37:22 PDT 2015

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snjzd8eu7b8115k/2015-10-22%2015.26.30.jpg?dl=0)
>>> you can find a a photo (*.jpg) which is an "areal" photo with known 3d
>>> coordinates for the single points (ground control points). I think this
>>> example clarifies and illustrates what I intend to do and why the target
>>> system can also be a XY location in my opinion. A rectification of this
>>> image should make the lines of the grid more or less parallel. Or do I
>>> get something completely wrong?
>>

>> Actually, I was wrong: I don't get any complaint trying to use g.gui.gcp
to georectify from XY to XY. So there seems to be an issue with your XY
locations.

>> Have you tried recreating the locations from scratch ?
>

> Your results look really reasonable.... that's what I was looking for...
>
> Actually, both XY locations are created from scratch (via the location
wizzard)
> I get following output for both XY locations:
>
> g.proj -p

> XY location (unprojected)
>
> I tried to start the GCP manager from within different other locations
(e.g. laea, datum: etrs89) and selecting different source location (e.g.
WGS84)....however I always get the same message. So I guess this is not
specifically related to my location but rather to the GCP manager/WX GUI?
As I don't get an error message it is difficult to judge what is going
wrong in my case...

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_0/gui/wxpython/gcp/manager.py#L399
> As far as I understand, this error message is only given if no
 location/mapset is provided; however that is not the case here. Maybe my
selection of the location/mapset via the GUI does not get parsed
further....?

> Strange that orthorectification from one XY to antother XY location works
on other machines but not on mine.

> PS: As an important side note: I am working on Ubuntu which is installed
on a virtual machine (VMWare) on our server. I remotely connect to this
virtual machine via RDP

I noticed you have strange version of wxpython. Any chance you could test
on machine with version 2.8.12.0 or a stable 3 version?

Anna