[GRASS-user] river and dams in netwok analysis

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:50:02 PDT 2015

Hi Etienne,

Maybe you could use v.net.allpairs with negative/positve costs for up- and downstream direction and then select the smallest positive and negative distance for each dam to get the two neighbours.

Here what I found in the manual of v.net.distance which might also be useful for your purpose:

"In order to find nearest neighbors within a group of nodes, you can either loop through each node as to and all other nodes as from or create a complete distance matrix with v.net.allpairs and select the lowest non-zero distance for each node."

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/v.net.distance.html

Maybe a start...

/Johannes

Above all great job GRASS dev team ! Grass 7 is so nice and powerful.
I'm always in the dark with my dams problem.

I would like to export dams points as node and for each node in the
attribute table 2 new column : dam before | dam after. I'm looking for
network analysis but it may be a wrong way ?

There is a way to do that in Grass?

Cordialement

Etienne DELAY (Skype : etienne.delay.tic)
Chaire: Capital environnemental et gestion durable des cours d'eau
laboratoire GEOLAB UMR 6042 CNRS
Université de Limoges, FLSH
39E rue Camille Guérin 87036 Limoges
blog : http://elcep.legtux.org