[GRASS-user] Output of i.segment

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Apr 3 08:31:08 PDT 2016

On 31/03/16 01:17, Jaya Krishnan wrote:
> Hi fellow GRASS users,
>
> I have outputs of i.segment (object segmentation) for 30m Landsat
> imagery from 4 dates. The segments are around 10000 each for each
> imagery. How can I use these outputs for land cover change analysis? Do
> I have to vectorize these and recode the classes, or is there a more
> efficient way?

The classical approach would be:

1) segmentation
2) caracterization of the segments
3) selection of training segments or training points
4) classification

Currently, in GRASS you have the following addons for the respective steps:

2) v.stats / i.segment.stats
4) v.class.ml / v.class.mlpy / v.class.mlR

You can check the section on Object-based classification in [1] for more
info (although partially outdated).

Moritz

[1] https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Image_classification