[GRASS-user] Unable to install add-ons on fedora23

Salim Razzaz salim.razzaz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:03:14 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 07:21:07PM -0400, Vaclav Petras wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Salim Razzaz <salim.razzaz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > the compiled one and installed the rpm instead with grass-devel, liblas,
> > and liblas-devel. Now I'm trying to install an add-on but this is happening:
> >
> > g.extension extension=r.vol.dem --verbose
> > Fetching <r.vol.dem> from GRASS-Addons SVN repository (be patient)...
> >
> Compiling...
> > ERROR: Please install GRASS development package
> >

> If you have the GRASS development package installed, you can try to debug
> the issue by using -d flag (Download source code and exit). This will give
> you directory with the source code and a command to compile. Try also other
> addons.

Thank you for your answer. I did what you suggested and downloaded the addon (I even tried with a different add-on 'd.vect.thematic2'), but when running the command to compile the source code I got:

Makefile:5: /usr/lib64/grass-7.0.3/include/Make/Script.make: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/usr/lib64/grass-7.0.3/include/Make/Script.make'.  Stop.

There isn't any directory called 'include' in /usr/lib64/grass-7.0.3/ when I checked. And grass-devel is installed (I ran 'dnf list installed grass-devel' and it is there)
I guess I'll revert back to a compiled GRASS