[GRASS-user] ASTER satellite imagery

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Apr 29 09:41:08 PDT 2016

* Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> [2016-04-29 16:16:23 +0200]:

>On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> r.in.aster - Georeference, rectify, and import Terra-ASTER imagery and
>> relative DEMs using gdalwarp.
>> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/r.in.aster.html
>
>Forgot to mention:
>https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/i.aster.toar.html
>
>Markus
>
>PS: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/keywords.html#Terra-ASTER

I sent the following from a "wrong" From address!  Here, the same links
once again plus a shell script.

--%<---

* Grant Boxer <boxerg at iinet.net.au> [2016-04-27 11:48:59 +0800]:

> As the ASTER satellite data in now available free-of-charge, has
> anyone
> developed a plug-in or work flow to process this imagery?

Importing and converting to digital numbers to radiance values, are
the basics.  The rest of the steps, of "your" interest, I guess can be
achieved with GRASS' multiple raster and imagery related modules.

Haven't used it for a while, but there is
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/r.in.aster.html.

As well, https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/i.aster.toar.html.

For the latter, however, as I had some problem (in the past) I used a
shell script: https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:NikosA#ASTER_L1B

Best, Nikos