[GRASS-user] Import sqlite table using db.in.ogr

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:04:04 PDT 2016

Hi all,

the database is the original sqlite database the ships with the the NC
grass7 location (nc_spm_08_grass7). I want to import a single table (e.g
'streams') from that NC grass7 database (source, sqlite) into my new
location (target) using db.in.ogr. As far as I understand, for the module
db.in.ogr the database scheme of the target location should not be of
relevance?! Interestingly, the database scheme (either sqlite, dbf etc) of
the source db/table is not explicitly specified in db.in.ogr?!

Have you tried to import e.g. the 'streams' table of the PERMANENT mapset
of any NC grass7 sample location from within any other location?

Here the example from the manual:

db.in.ogr input=/path/to/sqlite.db db_table=census_raleigh output=census_raleigh

/Johannes