[GRASS-user] r.stream.segement: DBMI-SQLite driver errors

Mira Kattwinkel kattwinkel-mira at uni-landau.de
Fri Aug 5 01:45:28 PDT 2016

Dear list

When using r.stream.segment with specific combinations of the length and
skip parameters (skip = 0 and length >5) I get the following error message:

DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
no such column: inf
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
no such column: inf
ERROR: Unable to inset new row: 'insert into streams_sectors_g5 values(
3, 3, 1, 3303, 180, 5.00896e-06, 0, 0, null, 51.465, 51.572, -0.106998,
-inf )'

When subsequently trying (with the --overwrite flag) other values for
length and skip that used to work before, I get also an error:

DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
table streams_sectors_g5 already exists
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
table streams_sectors_g5 already exists
ERROR: Unable to create table: 'create table streams_sectors_g5 (cat
integer, segment integer, sector integer, s_order integer, direction
double precision, azimuth double precision, length double precision,
stright double precision, sinusoid double precision, elev_min double
precision, elev_max double precision, s_drop double precision, gradient
double precision)'

Hence, it seems that the table is locked due to the first failure.

When calling the same functions from R using execGRASS and --verbose
flag, the error is even less informative:

Error in execGRASS("r.stream.segment", flags = c("overwrite",
"verbose"),  :
   The command:
r.stream.segment --overwrite --verbose stream_rast=streams_r
direction=dirs elevation=dem segments=streams_segments20
sectors=streams_sectors20 length=10 skip=0
produced an error (1) during execution:
All in RAM calculation...
Reading raster map <streams_r>...
Reading raster map <dirs>...
   99

and

Error in execGRASS("r.stream.segment", flags = c("overwrite",
"verbose"),  :
   The command:
r.stream.segment --overwrite --verbose stream_rast=streams_r
direction=dirs elevation=dem segments=streams_segments20
sectors=streams_sectors20 length=1 skip=0
produced an error (1) during execution:
All in RAM calculation...
Reading raster map <streams_r>...
Reading raster map <dirs>...
   9

Is this an error in my settings or maybe a bug in the r.stream.segment
function?
I am using GRASS 7.0.4 and rgrass7 on Linux Mint 17.3.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Mira