[GRASS-user] Problems with v.to.db after breaking with v.edit

Mira Kattwinkel kattwinkel-mira at uni-landau.de
Thu Aug 11 07:04:12 PDT 2016

Dear list

I break a number of features in a vector map into two pieces using
v.edit, tool=break and specific coordinates. This results in two parts
with identical attributes after breaking (which is what I want) but also
the cat is identical.
I think, this is the reason why I get exactly the same length for the
two parts when calculating it using v.to.db, tool=length. Likewise, the
end coordinates cannot be computed as there is more than one element for
some categories.

How can I update the category to unique values for each feature?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Mira