[GRASS-user] topological errors in v.extract results

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Aug 17 02:54:31 PDT 2016

Short update: I see that the difference between number of areas and number of centroids is already present after v.in.ogr...
Is that correct?
Is not an area defined as a closed boundary with a centroid inside? Should not then the number of centroids be equal to the number of areas?

I am using GRASS GIS 7.0.4 on Ubunut 14.04 LTS BTW.

I try to compare with GRASS GIS 7.1 but import there is painfully slow.
So I had at: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2185
However, I use exactly the same data, from the same database, on the same (local) harddrive in 7.1 and it is just !much! slower than 7.0.4 on import... Snapping vertices Step 1 takes significantly longer than with 7.0.4

Cleaning topology in 7.1 from a GRASS vector map earlier imported with 7.0.4svn is BTW not noticeably slower in 7.1 compared to 7.0.4...

I am glad for any hints,
Stefan