[GRASS-user] Land cover change and forecasting

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Dec 7 06:21:21 PST 2016

I am looking for a FOSS GIS alternative to the IDRISI "Land Change
Modeler". The LCM both analyses change between two input land cover
classification maps, and forecasts land cover for a chosen future time
with various simulation models.
The GRASS addon r.change.info seems to have many options for
investigating land cover change between some input categorical rasters,
but I can't find any module or addon for predicting land cover at a
future time.

Are there some modules or addons that I have missed? Any other FOSS
image analysis software I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Micha