[GRASS-user] getting LiDAR data into GRASS

john polo jpolo at mail.usf.edu
Thu Dec 8 12:46:39 PST 2016

On 12/6/2016 3:33 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> "v.in.lidar
>> input=C:/Users/Admin/Documents/grassdata/okmulgee/f35096E1_NEA_PrjAdd.las
>> out=lidarone
>> (Tue Dec 06 14:32:02 2016) Command finished (8 sec)
> ok, what prints
>
> lasinfo C:/Users/Admin/Documents/grassdata/okmulgee/f35096E1_NEA_PrjAdd.las
>
> ?
This command does not work for me. I am on a different machine. Still
Windows 7 and now GRASS 7.2.0RC2. An error comes up reporting that
lasinfo.exe has stopped working. I tried the v.in.lidar command from the
console and from the File menu and get a similar error about GRASS not
working.

I have lasinfo installed separately, as in not part of the GRASS
"extrabin" folder, for LiDAR tasks and when I use that lasinfo, it
works. I don't know what about the GRASS install is different and why I
am having this problem. I can't seem to find a debug for GRASS to see
more specific messages about what is stopped or crashed. It just says
that it has crashed, but then it stays open and then the output window
says command finished without showing any new data.

john