[GRASS-user] assistance needed in packaging GRASS for Mac

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Wed Dec 28 11:54:07 PST 2016

Hi,

> I've maintained GRASS for Mac binaries for a number of years with the help of others with more detailed knowledge than I have of the build system and binary packaging on the Mac. In the last few years, that assistance has no longer been available. I've managed to continue to maintain binaries, but the approach I'm using has become increasingly outdated.

Nice! Well, I just joined this list minutes ago. I’m in charge of the grass7 port in MacPorts (as well as other ports related to GIS).

> Since the release of El Capitan a couple years back, this has become increasingly a problem, with GRASS unable to launch without disabling System Integrity Protection (SIP) via an annoyingly complicated process.

How so? My own version of grass 7.2 RC2 as packaged on MacPorts works well, at least when you don’t look to closely (that’s why I’m here too). How does SIP matter here?

Cheers,
Vincent