[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS in North Carolina, USA

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 09:52:36 PST 2016

Hi all,

here are things related to GRASS GIS happening in North Carolina this
spring.

US-IALE in Asheville is at the beginning of April and there is a full-day
workshop which provides intro to GRASS GIS, shows how to use Python and R
with GRASS GIS and highlights how GRASS GIS can be leveraged as a platform
for a scientific model - urban growth in this case. There will be also at
least two talks related to GRASS GIS, specifically to lidar data processing.

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/US-IALE_2016_Annual_Meeting:_GRASS_related_workshops_and_presentations

FOSS4G NA is at the beginning of May in Raleigh. The early bird
registration ends tomorrow but there are additional options how to get a
discounted price. Talks and workshops are accepted and it seems that GRASS
GIS will have a strong presence. It is an opportunity to get some in-depth
knowledge but also to see some latest developments, namely Tangible
Landscape.

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_NA_2016:_GRASS_related_workshops_and_presentations

Finally, we have monthly meetups in Raleigh to learn more about GRASS GIS
and about changing and improving GRASS GIS

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Raleigh_meetups_2016

Let me know if you have questions about any of these and share what is
happening in your area,
Vaclav

GRASS GIS Raleigh meetups 2016 (next one March 19)
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Raleigh_meetups_2016

US-IALE, April 3 - 7, 2016, Asheville, NC
http://usiale.org/asheville2016

FOSS4G North America, May 2 - 5, 2016, Raleigh, NC
https://2016.foss4g-na.org/