[GRASS-user] r.mapcalc results have 'categories'

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:57:45 PST 2016

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply.

On 2016-01-06 at 16:25, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 3:28 AM, Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can someone help clarify what is going on? I'm happy to provide a
>> full script w/ wget to access the data if it helps.
>
> This would be very useful.

Before I supply a full script with external data, I wonder if I can make synthetic data to debug/recreate this more easily. I see that I can do "r.mapcalc 'x = 42'" to create a new vector raster with 1 point. Is there some easy method to create a 2D raster within grass? Or should I make a simple ASCII CSV file and read that in? If I can recreate the behavior with a small hand-made data set I think it would help me figure out what is wrong with the data.

Thanks,

  -k.