[GRASS-user] r.out.gdal in GRASS 7.0 beta (windows OS) fails to export merged coloured-shade tiff

Rengifo Ortega rengifoo at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 14 01:23:15 PST 2016

Dear Markusthanks a lot. It partly did the trick.
When using those settings in r.out.gdal, as you suggested,  it did preserve the colors as you said.  But , it also creates a long palette of colors that makes the rendering in ArcGIS  very slow specially for large tiffs . On the other hand, the RGB as produced by r.out.tiff (GRASS 6.4)  get rendered faster. For the time being it is a vailable solution, specially for small  datasets.
For large datasets I am going to stick to r.out.tiff OR a  give try to a pure gdal approach using the hsv_merge.py script create by frank warmedam as suggested in this siteA workflow for creating beautiful relief shaded dems using GDAL

|   |
| A workflow for creating beautiful relief shaded dems usi...A workflow for creating beautiful relief shaded dems using GDAL Posted December 5, 2010 by Tim Sutton & filed under gdal, General FOSSGIS, Linux and Ubuntu, QGIS.  |
|  |
| Auf linfiniti.com anzeigen | Vorschau nach Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Thanks to everbody who contributed so gently to  this discussion.
Best regards
Rengifo Ortega