[GRASS-user] Strategies to Import Geological Cross Sections

Phillip Allen phillipjallen830 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 06:21:59 PST 2016

Markus,

Thanks for shedding some light on this problem.

Yesterday I tried to work around it by extending my sql view with:

ST_Boundary(ST_Force3d(ST_Force2d(geom)))::geometry(MultiLineStringZ,32611)

so it would eliminate the M values (also I had a few z errors in the
cross-section) and convert the polygons to polyLines.  I then exported them
to shapefiles.  After the closed polyline-shapefiles were imported into
Grass I then converted them to faces using:
v.type input=xsec_c_lithL output=xsec_c_lithL_face from_type=line
to_type=face

This seemed to work so I would have an enclosed area to color.  But now I
cannot seem to color the cross-section faces?  It is just black.  I have a
text column with rgb values (255:255:255 format) but when I use it for "use
color for thematic mapping"  it keeps reporting
DBMI-SQLite driver error: error in sqlite3_prepare(): unrecognized token
error "'255:255:115"

What is odd is that I was able to color the polylines....I must admit that
I have never really had much luck thematically mapping vectors in Grass.

So now the question is how to color the thematically mapped cross-section
Faces?
I am using the latest version 7.0.3RC1.

regards,
Phil