[GRASS-user] file formats from Ordnance Survey Survey Maps

Paul Shapley p.shapley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:10:04 PST 2016

I'm attempting to get some maps and use them in GRASS, which gives me a
choice of formats to download from.  Can anyone tell me if any one of these
formats is better and will allow direct import into GRASS 7.0.2. without
transformation.

For one type of topography map I can get either GML2, DWG or File
Geodatabase.

For another type of Terrain type map I can get either Shape, GML3 or DWG.

I have googled and looked at the choices provided by

Hi Jim,

We use either shapefile (not ideal for using annotation) or import directly
into a Postgres/PostGIS database first.

--
*Paul J. Shapley *MSc CGeog (GIS) FRGS