[GRASS-user] up-to-date packages in UbuntuGIS

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:19:02 PST 2016

On 01/19/2016 04:10 PM, Panagiotis Mavrogiorgos wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Panos,
>>
>> Until 7.0.3 gets released you can use the 7.0.2 package from OSGeoLive ppa
>> here:
>> https://launchpad.net/~osgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/nightly
>>
>> Best,
>> Angelos
>>
>> Thank you Angelos
> Could you or someone else also comment whether the folloing is accurate?
>
>     - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grass The official packages.
>     Oudated so you probably don't want to use them.
>     - https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/ubuntu/grass-stable is deprecated
>     - https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/ubuntu/grass-devel is used for
>     daily builds of 7.1.#
>     - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ppa is used for
> stable releases
>     of 6.4.#
>     - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable is
>     used for releases of 7.0.# but it may contain RC versions too.
>     - https://launchpad.net/~osgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/nightly nightly
>     builds for OSGeo Live CD. It has the current GRASS stable version (i.e.
>     7.0.2 or whatever).
>
> I am mostly interested in using a ppa with the stable releases of the 7.0.#
> branch.
>
> all the best,
> Panos

FYI, there is a current plan for UbuntuGIS Stable ppa to get the latest
released packages from OSGeoLive 9.0 and UbuntuGIS Unstable ppa to get
the packages from OSGeoLive 9.5 (which got input from DebianGIS) when it
reaches RC status.
Of course when GRASS 7.0.3 is released, it will land in UbuntuGIS Unstable.

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD