[GRASS-user] (re)projection question

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:56:35 PST 2016

Hi GRASS list,

I have a projection and a reprojection question.

The projection question first. I have the follow information about a raster, and I'm not sure how to set up a map projection for it. Can someone offer advice, or should I be posting this to a proj4 mailing list?

projection: Stereographic Oblique
longitude_of_projection_origin 40°W
latitude_of_projection_origin 70.5°N
false_easting -750
false_northing -1190
resolution: 25 km

The reprojection question: I'm working with another data set in espg:4314 coordinates. I'd like to combine the data. My current plan is to load the above raster NetCDF data in Python, do some averaging, write out a lon,lat,VAR ASCII file, then use m.proj to convert from something (see Q1) to espg:4314, and then load the resulting file with r.in.xyz. Is this the correct workflow? Or is there some easier GRASS-ier way to do it without the two intermediary files?

Thanks,

  -k.