[GRASS-user] Job opportunity: Vacant permanent position with special focus on linux-based OSGeo-technology at NINA, Norway

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Jul 5 02:49:30 PDT 2016

Hi all,

At the Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA, www.nina.no) there is a vacant permanent position as a "Systems administrator  Linux" at our IT department in Trondheim. The position will have a special focus on our Linux-based infrastructure for scientific computing, where FOSS GIS technology plays a central role:

see: http://www.nina.no/english/News/News-article/ArticleId/4098/Systems-administrator-Linux

Since this is the first Linux-systems administrator position in NINA, the person to be employed will be a kind of pioneer in NINA and has to be comfortable with taking responsibility. Nevertheless, "young and talented" candidates are equally encouraged to apply as "experienced" ones!

NINA is planning to setup a HPC/Cloud-based solution for scientific computing, which will become an important tasks in this position together with system administration for databases, OGC web services, data management and storage as well as possible involvement in research projects.... The work will be carried out in close contact with our System administrators on Windows, our FOSS GIS developers as well as users / researchers from the fields of FOSS GIS / remote sensing, statistics or genetics.

About NINA:
NINA is a diverse research institute covering many different fields of nature research (in addition to biologists and ecologists we have economists, social scientists, veterinaries). NINA has a wide portfolio of projects, so our future employee will definitely not suffer from monotony. Being a foreigner here in Norway myself, I can warmly recommend NINA and Norway as a place to work. Of course, nature here is fantastic and also climate and light conditions are more pleasant than one might think from the outside...

For more detailed information check the web-site above or get in touch with the contact persons listed there.

The application should be sent to:
E-mail: siri.svendsen at nina.no or
Post: NINA, Personnel Office, PO Box 5685 Sluppen, 7485 Trondheim, Norway

Application deadline is 19 August 2016. Imminent accession is desirable.

Kind regards,
Stefan Blumentrath

Stefan Blumentrath
Researcher II

Norwegian Institute for Nature Research - NINA
Postal address: Gaustadalléen 21, NO-0349 Oslo, NORWAY
Delivery/Visiting address: Gaustadalléen 21, NO-0349 Oslo, NORWAY
Phone: +47 40 46 21 15 * Cell: +47 40 46 21 15 * Fax: +47 73 80 14 01 * www.nina.no<http://www.nina.no/>