[GRASS-user] remove duplicate points

Daniel Torres nobeeakon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:32:04 PDT 2016

Hi everybody,
I would like to get the nodes of a grid, I have managed to get the nodes,
but do not understand how to remove duplicate points. After running
"v.clean [...] tool=rmdpl " I get the right number of points, however, in
the database the number of features continues to be the same as before
v.clean.

The manual of v.clean says:
*"rmdupl*: remove duplicate geometry features (pay attention to
categories!)"
Does that means that v.clean preserves features with different cat
numbers?, and that one feature can have more than one attribute assigned in
a single table?

Thank you very much
Daniel

Ex.

# In nc_spm_08
g.region
rast=lsat5_1987_10
v.mkgrid grid=4,4
map=grid44
v.to.lines input=grid44
output=grid44lines
v.to.points input=grid44lines output=grid44points
use=node
v.info -t
grid44points
    nodes=0
    points=80
v.clean input=grid44points output=grid44pointsclean
tool=rmdupl
v.info -t
grid44pointsclean
   nodes=0