[GRASS-user] grass-qgis-postgis next to each other on ubuntu 14.04

Stefan Lüdtke sluedtke at gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Jul 20 05:17:29 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I am not sure whether this is the right channel to ask for, but I can
not install grass7, qgis and postgis-2.2 next to each other on my
Kubuntu 14.04 machine.

I use ubuntu-gis unstable and this (deb
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ trusty-pgdg main) repo.

I can either install postgis or grass and qgis, so I think the issues
must be somehow between conflicting files between both repositories.

12:48 $ sudo apt-get install grass-core
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
 grass-core : Depends: libgdal20 (>= 2.0.1) but it is not going to be
installed
              Depends: libgeos-c1v5 (>= 3.4.2) but it is not going to be
installed
              Depends: liblas-c3 (>= 1.8.0) but it is not going to be
installed
              Recommends: gdal-bin but it is not going to be installed

When I go an start to install the dependencies, my machine either
complains about other missing dependencies or for the case of
'libgeos_clv5' wants to remove postgis.

14:14 $ sudo apt-get install libgeos-c1v5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libgeos-3.5.0 libspatialite5
The following packages will be REMOVED
  libgdal1h libgeos-c1 liblwgeom-2.2-5 postgis postgis-gui
  postgresql-9.5-postgis-2.2
The following NEW packages will be installed
  libgeos-3.5.0 libgeos-c1v5
  libspatialite5
1 to upgrade, 2 to newly install, 6 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.
Need to get 1,376 kB of archives.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Stefan

--
Stefan Lüdtke

Section 5.4- Hydrology
Phone: +49(0)331-288-2821
Fax: +49(0)331-288-1570
Email: sluedtke at gfz-potsdam.de

Helmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Foundation under public law of the federal state
of Brandenburg
Telegrafenberg, D-14473 Potsdam