[GRASS-user] Exporting RGB Composite Images to GeoTIFF

Michele Toma michele.toma at airborne.aero
Fri Jul 22 09:07:51 PDT 2016

Hi Markus, everyone,

Thank you for your all of the information.

As for the i.fusion.hpf method, I am unable to install on Windows 7 with GRASS 7.0.4. The g.extention module does not allow me to connect to github to install the extension as noted in the g.extension documentation page. If I understand what I read correctly, I would need to download and install the Source Code version or version 7.2. Also, Moritz Lennert’s reply stated that it works in 7.2 but not in 7.0 which I have been using.

I was able to resolve my issue (export the composite image so that it can be opened in Global Mapper and Photoshop) by opening it in QGIS using the GRASS Tools plugin. Click “Add raster layer” button and navigate to the composite image and click OK. Once it was added to QGIS, I right-clicked the raster layer in the Layer menu and selected the Save As… option. Then in the Save As… window, I selected “rendered image” as the output and left all other options as the default. This newly exported image allowed me to open the it in other programs.

Thank you,

Michele Toma
michele.toma at airborne.aero<mailto:michele.toma at airborne.aero>
www.airborne.aero