[GRASS-user] calibration, sensitiviyy analysis tools in GRASS?

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:47:37 PDT 2016

Dear Vishal,

I am not aware of any GRASS internal modules/add-ons to perform
sensitivity/uncertainty analysis. However, you could try to use R in
combination with GRASS (https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics).

R offers useful packages to perform sampling-based uncertainty analysis of
model parameters e.g. Latin-Hypercube-Sampling (LHS, package 'lhs')
combined with partial rank correlation analysis (PRCC, package
'sensitivity').

I am not exactly sure if this is what you're looking for: First, you could
generate LHS-based parameter combinations for your GRASS groundwater model
and save these parameter combinations into file. Second, this file can be
accessed in a loop within GRASS to repeatedly calculate the groundwater
model for each parameter combination. Third, the results can be collected
and analysed using e.g. PRCC to identify those model parameters which are
most influential on your model result. This is more an R-approach where you
use GRASS just for running your groundwater model. Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Johannes