[GRASS-user] r.viewshed issue

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 29 04:44:20 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Sharon Wan <sharonwan at sailinternet.com> wrote:
> I have been running r.viewshed to analyze LOS on MAC using GRASS 7.0.4.
> However, since last week, each time when running r.viewshed, I got an
> assertion failure:
>
> ami_single_temp_name: G_mkstemp() failed: : No such file or directory
> Assertion failed: (0), function ami_single_temp_name, file ami_stream.cpp,
> line 93.

This indicates that the directory to store the temporary files is unavailable
(yes, I'll try to improve the error message).

Question: when running r.viewshed, do you set the "directory"
parameter (Directory to hold temporary files)?

If yes, does that directory (still) exist? Please let us know.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software