[GRASS-user] [GRASS-PSC] [GRASS-dev] Comment regarding PSC election

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jul 31 13:06:34 PDT 2016

(sorry for cross-posting)

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 12:05 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> wrote:
>> My perspective is that active contributors to the project should vote. How to define them is a
>> more complicated issue and one of the things that prompted the long email chain in the PCS IIRC.
>
> Indeed....
> Additionally, it is *very* complicated to define who is a community member.
>
> Two options yet to consider:
>
> - the ChangeLog contains some references to code contributors without
> SVN core access, e.g.
> In fact, all should have been added here:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/contributors.csv
> but that file didn't get updated lately.

I have spent 1-2 hours on this now and updated the right file:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/contributors_extra.csv

to also reflect the last 5 years of contributions from people without
SVN write access.
This list of contributors should be considered by the CRO as part of
the voting group.

Please let us know if a name is still missing there.

Best,
Markus