[GRASS-user] Buildings detection using raster lidar data

Laurent C. lrntct at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 10:27:06 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I'd like to know if there is a way to detect buildings using
superficial lidar data.
I have two types of data:
- 5m DSM raster
- 5m DTM raster

Many described methods use multi-spectral images, but I only have
access to Landsat, which I guess will be too coarse to properly detect
buildings. There are two few data from Sentinel 2 in my study zones.
The ultimate goal would be to have a vector map of buildings.

Do you know if there is a way to detect the buildings in DSM using GRASS?

Thanks for your time,
Laurent