[GRASS-user] Working with multiple Landsat tile row/paths

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:22:58 PDT 2016

Hi List,

I'm working with multiple Landsat scenes from different rows/paths that all overlap on my one point of interest. The row/paths are from different times, so I don't think the gdal tiling command is an option.

Path/row 208/5 and 209/5 both seem to import into the same location.
But path/row 210/4 and 210/5 don't into the 209 location.

Since all scenes do contain the same point of interest, should I use the "-o   Override projection (use location's projection)" flag to r.in.gdal? Or is there some other suggested method or gdal command to work with these? Or do I import each image into its own location, and then use "r.proj" to import them all into one unifying location?

Thanks,

  -k.

ERROR: Projection of dataset does not appear to match current location.

       Location PROJ_INFO is:
       name: Universal Transverse Mercator
       proj: utm
       datum: wgs84