[GRASS-user] Best workflow

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 23:32:20 PDT 2016

Thanks Markus for your suggestion.

I first tried Stefan's suggestion of using a VRT-file.
I have 1300 tiff-files with a combined file size of 400GB. Creating the
VRT-file was no problem, but when I tried to import the VRT-file in GRASS7
using r.in.gdal GRASS crashes and dies.

So I think I need to set-up a GeoServer after all, just to get a small
portion of my height data to process in GRASS without worrying about
polygons that are partially on multiple tiff-files.

Of course I'm open to any other suggestion. As said I'm new to GRASS.

Paul

*Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager
and forum moderator of MapWindow GIS.
www.mapwindow.org

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users.
www.mapwindow.nl

Download the latest MapWinGIS mapping engine.
<https://mapwingis.codeplex.com/releases>

Download the latest MapWindow 5 open source desktop application.
<https://mapwindow5.codeplex.com/releases>