[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr in Python Grass script

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Mar 4 09:23:13 PST 2016

[Please keep mails on the list]

On 04/03/16 17:38, Uwe Fischer wrote:
> Moritz,
>
> thank you very much for your answer. In the wiki doc you mentioned, there are two entries for exactly the same folder (PATH and PYTHONPATH). In case of PATH, there are additional folders:
>
> PATH= C:\GRASS-64\etc;C:\GRASS-64\etc\python;C:\GRASS-64\lib;C:\GRASS-64\bin;C:\GRASS-64\extralib;C:\GRASS-64\msys\bin;C:\Python26;
> PYTHONPATH= C:\GRASS-64\etc\python
>
> I'd love to find out the difference between PATH an PYTONPATH and its meaning.

Google 'PATH vs PYTHON PATH' to find many entries on the subject.

Very briefly:

PATH lists the directories where the system can find the executables of
programs.

PYTHONPATH lists the directors where Python can find python modules.
Within a Python script sys.path is initialized with the content of
PYTHONPATH.

Moritz