[GRASS-user] r.shade python issues

Gareth Grewcock garethgrewcock at gmail.com
Mon May 23 02:48:51 PDT 2016

Hi – I’m having issues with r.shade module in grass 7.0.3 when trying to
interact with data via python.

r.shade runs absolutely fine through the UI, however, when I run the syntax
through the python console, I get a syntax error.

I have tried a variety of different datasets and syntax but it keeps coming
back with the syntax error, I went back to manual for the basics but I
still get the following:

*r.shade shade=aspect color=elevation output=elevation_aspect_shaded*

*  File "<input>", line 1*

*    r.shade(shade=aspect color=elevation output=elevation_aspect_shaded)*

*SyntaxError: invalid syntax*

Other modules (r.in.gdal, r.relief, r.slope.aspect, g.region etc) all run
fine through python, I am only having issues with r.shade.

Does anybody have any idea what might be going wrong?

Cheers,

Gareth