[GRASS-user] v.class.mlR error

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Nov 14 00:27:23 PST 2016

On 11/11/16 17:53, James Duffy wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. Removing that column worked. Could I suggest
> adding in a check either pre reading into R or pre-analysis in R to drop
> any character columns from the modelling but keep them in the attribute
> table?

Well, as I said, I'm not sure that character columns (aka factors in R)
are really a problem as such. At least some of the classifiers should be
able to deal with them. This would be important, for example, for
hierarchical classification, where part of the information concerning a
segment might be the class of the encompassing segment in a coarser
segmentation. I'll have to look into this.

The issue here was the incoherence between training data and
non-classified data in terms of column names.

Moritz