[GRASS-user] t.create error: Unable to connect to psycopg2 database: newdb

RichardCooper richtcooper at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 02:07:10 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with t.create/t.connection and postgresql.

t.create is giving the following error on attempting to create a raster
space time dataset in postgresql, and then I'm also subsequently unable to
create a space time database in sqlite?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to resolve.

Cheers,
Richard

For example:
# set connection in t.connect and try and create dataset:
t.connect driver=pg database=newdb
(I've also tried t.connect driver=pg database="newdb user=user
password=*******")
The VAR file contains the new settings.

t.create --overwrite output=teststrds type=stvds semantictype=max title=t
description=d
ERROR: Unable to connect to psycopg2 database: newdb
Exception: "missing "=" after "newdb" in connection info string
"
Please use t.connect to set a read- and writable temporal database backend

I then try to create a temporal dataset in sqlite, but I then get an error
with sqlite?
t.connect database=/home/rcooper/grassdatacl/climdata/newdb/tgis/sqlite.db
t.connect -p
driver:sqlite
database:/home/rcooper/grassdatacl/climdata/newdb/tgis/sqlite.db

t.create --overwrite output=test_sq_strds type=stvds semantictype=max
title=t description=d
Creating temporal database:
/home/rcooper/grassdatacl/climdata/newdb/tgis/sqlite.db
ERROR: Unable to connect to psycopg2 database:
/home/rcooper/grassdatacl/climdata/newdb/tgis/sqlite.db
Exception: "missing "=" after "newdb" in connection info string
"
Please use t.connect to set a read- and writable temporal database backend

NOTE: I can connect to the postgresql database with db.login and db.connect,
so it doesn't seem to be a permissions issue.
db.login driver=pg database=newdb user=user password=*****

db.connect -p database=newdb
driver: pg
database: newdb
schema: public
group:

System:
GRASS version: 7.0.1svn
GRASS SVN Revision: 65041
Build Date: 2015-04-10
Build Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
GDAL/OGR: 1.11.2
PROJ.4: 4.9.0
GEOS: 3.4.2
SQLite: 3.8.2
Python: 2.7.6
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Linux-3.13.0-95-generic-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-17.1-rebecca