[GRASS-user] importing Mars DEM takes too long

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 23 07:09:52 PST 2016

Hi Even,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 12:42 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
> Even Rouault wrote
>> I've committed in GDAL trunk r36357 "OpenJPEG: add a USE_TILE_AS_BLOCK=YES
>> open option that can help with whole image conversion"
>> thats add the open option :
>> USE_TILE_AS_BLOCK=YES/NO</b>: (GDAL > 2.2) Whether to always use the
>> JPEG-2000 block size as the GDAL block size
>> Defaults to NO.
>
> Even, thanks for the insight and improvements on GDAL's level!

This is really great! And thanks for directly reading the grass-user
list :-) Luckily this change will also help other projects depending
on GDAL.

Is there a chance that you backport r36357 to GDAL 2.1 which will be
the version distributed through the various (Linux distro) channels
for a while?

thanks again,
Markus