[GRASS-user] r.water.outlet: no map displayed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 3 05:48:36 PDT 2016

On Mon, 3 Oct 2016, Laurent C. wrote:

> When using r.water.outlet you need to be careful setting the outlet on the
> exact flow line. Using the flow accumulation map is useful for that task.
> If the outlet point is just one cell on the side, the generated watershed
> could be tiny. Hope this helps.

Laurent,

   I'm working with the raster map (drainage) produced by r.watershed. The
outlet is a point whose coordinates I get from the info icon on the map
display window using that point.

   Prior to this attempt this same work flow produced a map of the area
draining to that point. It occurred to me that I might have used r.mask on
the watershed map prior to displaying it, but I don't understand why this
should matter. The only difference, as far as I know, is that I re-projected
all maps (vector and raster) from the original international feet location
to the new meters location.

   I'll test per Helmut's suggestion using the NC data and post results later
today.

Thanks,

Rich