[GRASS-user] v.net.alloc having difficulty with specific dataset

Sam Snellings ssnellings at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:09:13 PDT 2016

I've been running some trials through v.net.alloc using town road networks
as the arc layer and schools as the node layer. I have one set of
roads/schools that breezes through v.net.alloc without issue (Town 1),
while another one only allocates the first few arcs connected to each
school and leaves the rest of the network unallocated (Town 2). There is
probably a problem with the data from Town 2, but I can't figure out what
it is. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?

I am using the GUI. I load each pair of shapefiles into GRASS and then run
the following statements (I only import two school points to simplify). The
two towns are pulled right from the state-wide GIS office, but the towns
are in different states (ie - different agencies provide the data).

v.net input=roads output=road_nodes operation=nodes
v.net input=road_nodes points=schools output=network operation=connect
thresh=1000
v.net.alloc input=network output=network_allocation ccats=1-2

Thanks in advance for any advice, I can also email images/data if that
would be helpful.

Sincerely,

Sam