[GRASS-user] v.net.alloc having difficulty with specific dataset

Sam Snellings ssnellings at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:05:15 PDT 2016

Markus,

Thank you for the suggestions. I ran the following commands nine times on
the data, with thresholds .00000000000000000001, 0.0000000001,
0.0000001, 0.00001, 0.01, 0.1, 1, 10, and 100. Let me know if I'm not going
small enough.

v.clean --overwrite input=roads output=roads_snap -c tool=snap thresh=[see
above]
v.net --overwrite input=roads_snap points=schools output=network
operation=connect thresh=1000
v.net.alloc --overwrite input=network output=network_allocation ccats=1-2

I did not get a complete allocation of road segments from any of them, and
as far as I can tell it got stuck at the same vertices on each run.

I will email you a link to the data off-list, thanks for taking a look.

-Sam