[GRASS-user] grass-user Digest, Vol 126, Issue 13

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 6 05:43:32 PDT 2016

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016, alassane toure wrote:

> What is the best way to uninstall the newer gdal 2.1.0 version to install
> an old gdal version that worked with my code? I installed the newer version
> by compilation as opposed to a binary install...may be that might help.

Alassane,

   Since you did not install it using your distribution's package management
tools you'll need to do this by hand. This work flow will do the job, but it
takes time:

   1. Uninstall your distribution's gdal. This leaves only the 2.2.x version.

   2. From the root directory (/), as root (or sudo) run
 	find . -name gdal
     This will find all files with 'gdal' in their name.

   3. Again as the superuser, cd to each directory and remove that gdal file.

   4. Re-install the distribution's gdal-2.1.x.

HTH,

RIch