[GRASS-user] r.contour: levels vs step

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 7 03:30:11 PDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 12:24 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2016, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> Please consider to write a small text snippet to be added to the manual
>> page explaining the levels in an example (based in the North Carolina
>> sample dataset).
>

> Markus,
>
>   Using the small NC data set's PERMANENT mapset I ran
>
> r.contour in=elevation out=contours levels=60,90,120,150
>
> and produced the attached map.

Thanks.

>   Is this what you asked?

Well, yes and no: For a full example, it would also include a sentence
describing what it is about plus the g.region command to set the
computational region etc.

To make the screenshot more attractive (about screenshot size and
quality, see https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/Docs#Images),
we could include the shaded terrain as background:

g.region raster=elevation
r.contour in=elevation out=contours levels=60,90,120,150 --o
d.mon wx0
d.rast elevation_shade
d.vect contours color=red

best,