[GRASS-user] r.contour: levels vs step

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 7 13:58:46 PDT 2016

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Well, yes and no: For a full example, it would also include a sentence
> describing what it is about plus the g.region command to set the
> computational region etc.

   For an example of using levels with r.contour this example uses the
elevation map from the North Carolina database:

 	g.region raster=elevation
 	r.contour in=elevation out=contours levels=60,90,120,150 --o
 	d.mon wx0
 	d.rast elevation_shade
 	d.vect contours color=red

> To make the screenshot more attractive (about screenshot size and
> quality, see https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/Docs#Images),
> we could include the shaded terrain as background:

   I don't have pngng installed here; the attached image is scaled to 600 dpi
horizontal and propotional vertical density.

Rich