[GRASS-user] Interpreting r.watershed accumulation map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 11 09:18:54 PDT 2016

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016, Laurent C. wrote:

> Note that Itzï does not need an output to run. If you set a simulation
> with only the DEM, an uniform friction coefficient and an uniform
> rainfall, the water will simply accumulate in the depressions, giving you
> an insight of the flow patterns.

Laurent,

   I tried to run Itzi after defining variables as:
 	rain=0.01 # assuming this is the rate in mm/hr
 	n=0.05
 	bctype=4
 	bcvalue=0
and this parameter file:

[time]
duration = 24:00:00
record_step = 01:00:00

[input]
dem = be_cropped
friction = n
rain = rain
bctype = bctype
bcval = bcvalue

[output]
prefix = pop
values = h, wse, v, vdir, boundaries

[statistics]
stats_file = pop.csv

   Two issues:

   First, Itzi is installed in Python-3.5's site-packages/ directory and I
want to install it also Python-2.7.5's site-packages/ directory, too, and
use that version since it seems that grass is using Python2. How do I
specify to Itzi to install in /usr/lib/Python-2.7.5/site-packages/?

   Second, /usr/lib/Python-3.5/site-packages/itzi/configreader.py exists, yet
I get this python error trace back from the attempted run:

> itzi run itzi-param.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/itzi", line 9, in <module>
     load_entry_point('itzi==16.8', 'console_scripts', 'itzi')()
   File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/itzi/itzi.py", line 40, in main
     args.func(args)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/itzi/itzi.py", line 54, in itzi_run
     from configreader import ConfigReader
ImportError: No module named 'configreader'

   I've not examined the source code; I can fix this error here but am I the
only one to run into this?

Thanks,

Rich