[GRASS-user] Raster color always white for null value

NASAHARA Kenlo 24dakenlo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:43:17 PDT 2016

Dear GRASS people

I am using GRASS 7.0.4 on Ubuntu 14.04.

I am trying to display a DSM map (ALOS AW3D)
whose null value covers ocean. I use an original
color table like this:

GRASS 7.0.4 (latlon):~/ > cat color_DSM.txt
-1000 black
0     black
100   white
1000 white
nv blue

By running the following commands,
GRASS 7.0.4 (latlon):~/ > d.mon start=wx0
GRASS 7.0.4 (latlon):~/ > r.colors map=DSM rules=color_DSM.txt
Color table for raster map <DSM> set to 'color_DSM.txt'
GRASS 7.0.4 (latlon):~/ > d.rast DSM

I got the wx0 window with a greyscale topography as expected,
but the ocean looks wite, not blue!

I checked that the ocean was certainly covered by NULL (no value)
by d.what.rast command and mouse clicks. I also checked the
file containing the color table info: ~/latlon/PERMANENT/colr/DSM
% -1000 1000
nv:0:0:255
-1000:0 0:0
0:0 100:255
100:255 1000:255

which looks OK for nv line.

Do you know the reason? If you do, please help me!

--
Kenlo Nishida Nasahara
Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences
24dakenlo at gmail.com