[GRASS-user] Interpreting r.watershed accumulation map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 12 11:52:38 PDT 2016

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Hmm-m-m. I'll read the v.surf.idw manual page.

   I don't see how v.surf.idw is helpful here. The current map has only
category values and the label for each station. Interpolating station
locations or labels makes no sense. The precipitation data for each station
has not been entered in the sqlite3 attribute table. More to the need of
this project would be extrapolation as the project area is east of this
cluster of weather stations. What I need to show are the locations of the
weather stations relative to the project area and the variability of
precipitation among sites for any given day. I don't see how interpolation
of any of these data is useful. If I'm wrong, please educate me.

Rich