[GRASS-user] DBMI-SQLite drive error when running i.segment.stats (with vector map creation)

James Duffy james.philip.duffy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:30:54 PDT 2016

I think that you're correct.

v.db.addcolumn --verbose map=angle_region_1_poly at angle1 columns=test.test

gives:

Adding column <test.test> to the table
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
near ".": syntax error
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
near ".": syntax error
ERROR: Error while executing: 'ALTER TABLE angle_region_1_poly ADD COLUMN
test.test'
ERROR: Unable to add column <test.test>.

Given that the default output names created when multi band rasters are
read into GRASS with r.in.gdal contain a '.', and that these names can
sometimes be used for labeling in vector operations (as I have
described)...Is this something that can be rectified in the code of tools,
or just something that should be worked around by the person using the
tools?

I guess I could do this with a g.rename.

Thanks

James

On 18 October 2016 at 17:51, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> >angle_ortho.1_min double precision
>
> I suspect that it is the point in the column name.
>
> to verify, try to add such a column name in one of your vectors.
>

> -----
> best regards
> Helmut
> --

*James Duffy*
PhD Researcher
Environment and Sustainability Institute
Penryn Campus
University of Exeter
Penryn
Cornwall