[GRASS-user] Problem in running r.basin

Priscilla_I isacco.silvia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 03:15:26 PDT 2016

Hi Micha,
thanks for you answer, as Margherita wrote "Silvia" is the directory in
which I'd like to save my results, and use r.stream only to check that
coordinates belongs to virtual stream network.
I followed Margherita advices but I already removed all old files and grass
kept in giving me error. So I thought it could be a problem related to the
fact that I was using GRASS downloaded with Qgis and there were some
warnings when I launched it.

I dowloaded GRASS 7.0.5 and tried to run r.basin with the NC sample dataset
as suggested in an old thread:

I follow the following procedure
- I create a new mapset in order to not have problems about old files and
overwriting
- I set the region
 * g.region -a raster=elevation at PERMANENT align=elevation at PERMANENT*
- I launch the command
 * r.basin map=elevation at PERMANENT prefix=b coordinates=637304,218585
dir=\tmp\test threshold=40*

it breaks with the error
*An ERROR occurred running r.basin*
*Please check for error messages above or try with another pairs of outlet
coordinates*
*Removing region definition <original>*