[GRASS-user] Interpreting r.watershed accumulation map

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 10:47:13 PDT 2016

On 23-10-16 19:18, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 11:22 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Oct 2016, Markus Neteler wrote:
>>
>>> Is is mentioned
>>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/7.2.0-News#GUIchanges
>>> - cartography in Map Display:
>>>    - new color tables which are perceptually uniform: viridis and grass
>>>    - viridis color table is the new default replacing rainbow (manage
>>> with G7:r.colors)
>>
>> Markus,
>>
>>    I should have checked before writing. My apologies to all.
> Rich,
>
> no problem and nothing to apologize for.
>
> This information was kind of hidden (yesterday I made it bold), yet I
> wonder how to better communicate such changes.
> If you have suggestions (or anyone else), please let us know!
What about adding this as a note under 'Notes' in the manual page of
r.colors. This is not strictly an output of r.colors, but people might
look there first when noticing that the colours of their map differs
from what they expect. Perhaps something like: "The default colour table
is the viridis colour table. Note that this was changed in GRASS GIS
version 7.2. In earlier versions the default colour table was 'rainbow'."