[GRASS-user] Non-Topological Vector Polygon Layer From r.water.outlet

Phillip Allen phillipjallen830 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 08:35:46 PDT 2016

Moritz,

My intention for these overlapping polygons are:
1. Sort them decreasing in area (so the big basins plot below the smaller
ones) and use them for symbolization.
2. Spatially join data to the stream sediment samples.  Which sample are
below know gold/copper/silver/zinc/lead/etc mines, which are below
towns/villages, land use, etc.
3. Cut the basin polygons using a geological polygon map and and calculate
km2 or percentage of km2 for each lithological unit found within each
basin.  After denormalizing these areas & lithologies (rows as samples and
the columns km2 of each lithology) one can then perform linear regression
models on the chemical analysis.

regards,
Phil